13 New Datasets Added
July 19, 2021
We have released data tables and GIS boundary files for 13 new datasets:
- Cook Islands 2011 Agricultural Census
- Cook Islands 2011 Population Census
- China 1997 Agricultural Census
- Estonia 2011 Population Census
- Latvia 2011Population Census
- Madagascar 2005 Agricultural Census
- Namibia 2001 Population Census
- Tunisia 2004 Population Census
- Tonga 2001 Agricultural Census
- Uganda 1991 Agricultural Census
- United Arab Emirates 2005 Population Census
- Vanuatu 2007 Agricultural Census
- Zambia 1992 Agricultural Census
Welcome to IPUMS IHGIS!
September 28, 2020
We are pleased to introduce the initial version of the IPUMS International Historical Geographic Information System (IHGIS). IHGIS provides data tables from censuses of population, housing, and agriculture from around the world, along with corresponding GIS boundary files. This initial release of IPUMS IHGIS includes 270 tables from twelve countries, drawn from nine population censuses and four agricultural censuses.
The data in IHGIS were originally published by national statistical offices of the respective countries, primarily in PDF documents. Data tables in these documents vary greatly in structure and are not easy to import into statistical or other analysis software. IHGIS extracts the data from the tables and provides them to users in a standardized, machine-readable structure.
We have more than 10,000 additional data tables in the pipeline and plan to release new data on a regular basis. Register now to be the first to know when new data are available and be notified of opportunities to provide feedback on prioritizing datasets for future releases.